We are hiring!
Registered Massage Therapist
We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join our team! MMD Chiropractic Health Centre has been in operation for over 13 years, with owner and chiropractor, Dr. Marnie Mabee D’Andrea treating patients for 20 years. Located next door to the Runner’s Den, athletes make up a large part of the practice. However, our clinic would be classified as a family practice as we see anything and everything dealing with the neuromusculoskeletal systems.
Dr. Marnie works closely with our other providers to co-ordinate care and often co-treats on many issues. The successful candidate will ideally have 2 or more years experience working in a clinical setting; however, new grads are welcome to apply. Registration with the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario and personal liability insurance is required. Interest in sports injuries, pediatrics and exercise knowledge is a desired asset; however, we welcome other interests and experiences to broaden our clinic skills.
We are looking for someone that is motivated to learn in a clinical setting and also brings with them their unique style of treatment. We have the experience to help you build a successful career as a massage therapist and can help you with managing patient care, preparing valuable treatment protocols, exercise prescription, patient flow, marketing, booking and self-care as a manual therapist. We work as a team, and want to include you in our team.
We will support you with:
- onsite laundry facilities
- massage table
- online booking/scheduling (available anywhere with internet use)
- reception support (including appointment reminders, Covid-19 screenings, etc.)
- digital records
- invoicing and billing to insurance companies
- patient referrals
- inclusion on website, and
- online advertising
In addition to the above, you will have access to other professionals to aid in any clinical decision making or treatment recommendations. Pay will be based on experience and the skills, techniques brought with you. Percentage, rent or hourly rates are negotiable.
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 15-20 per week
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- massage therapy: 2 years (preferred)
- CMTO registration (required)
- Proof of professional liability insurance
Apply to this position by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MMD Chiropractic is an established chiropractic clinic in the Westdale area of Hamilton. With the close proximity to McMaster University, there is a diverse community of students, professors, McMaster staff and athletes that are treated at MMD Chiropractic. In addition, McMaster provides a number of opportunities for collaboration through either treatment options or educational opportunities.
We are immediately offering the opportunity for a Part-time physiotherapist to join our team at MMD Chiropractic. There is the opportunity for this position to turn into a Full-time position. We are looking for a skilled manual therapist, independent, self-motivated individual with excellent communication skills.
- Assessment and treatment of musculoskeletal dysfunction for individuals seeking physiotherapy
- Preparation and submission of clinical assessments and treatments as needed
- Maintain accurate patient charts and records
- Scheduling of patient appointments and billing patients for services rendered
- Ongoing professional education and development
- Registered and a member in good standing with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario
- Graduate from a recognized University in Physiotherapy
- Strong interpersonal skills, communicates effectively with patients and staff
- Excellent time management skills, completes assessments thoroughly and completes charting efficiently and according to the legal and professional standards.
- Strong understanding of computer applications and devices
- Preferably 1-2 years of clinical experience, but will accept applications from new graduates.
What we offer:
- Clean, friendly environment to grow and develop as a professional
- Excellent reception staff to assist in booking and billing
- One-on-one structured appointment times to establish relationships in a private setting
- Online charting and appointment scheduling
- Treatment room with multiuse table provided and some exercise equipment
- Laser therapy available for use
- Competitive compensation
- Opportunity to use your skills as per your professional goals and experience
How to apply
Please send resume with cover letter to email@example.com.